Financial Results Sales of Metal and Electronic Additive Manufacturing Systems Poised to Accelerate
Albuquerque New Mexico, September 10, 2013: Optomec, a leading global supplier of additive manufacturing systems for 3D Printed Metals and Printed Electronics, today announced financial results for its First Half ending June 30, 2013. The Company reported record order levels for both its LENS 3D Printers for Structural Metals and Aerosol Jet Systems for 3D Printed Electronics, representing a 100% increase in bookings compared to the same period last year.
These positive results reflect continued strong market interest for industrial strength additive manufacturing solutions, especially systems capable of addressing high volume production requirements. Optomec customers are currently using LENS and Aerosol Jet systems for production applications within the consumer electronics, life sciences, and aerospace/defense industries.
First half orders increased more than 100% over the prior year same period and already equal orders received for the full year 2012. New system orders for LENS 3D Printers for Metal represented 45% of total bookings and the remaining 55% were for Aerosol Jet Systems used for Printed Electronics applications.
“The first 6 months were a tremendous start to our year with strong global demand for both Aerosol Jet and LENS systems” said Dave Ramahi, Optomec president and CEO. “The Optomec product line-up remains highly differentiated in the Additive Manufacturing space, with our ability to print fully functional metal and electronic components at low cost and with very high output rates. We expect to continue on this growth trajectory as industry’s adoption of such solutions is only accelerating.”
Mr. Ramahi continued “We are particularly encouraged by recent progress with our introduction of a production solution for 3D Printed Antenna used in Smartphones, Tablets and other Mobile Devices. The first high-throughput system, capable of printing up to 2 million parts per year, has been commissioned at a contract manufacturer in China, and we are engaged with many other leading suppliers. Demand for this solution is being driven by a significantly lower cost profile, coupled with environmental and health benefits derived from eliminating plating in the production process”
Optomec is a privately-held, rapidly growing supplier of Additive Manufacturing systems. These solutions utilize Optomec’s patented Aerosol Jet Printed Electronics technology and LENS 3D Printed Metal technology to reduce costs and improve performance. Together, these unique printing solutions work with the broadest spectrum of functional materials, ranging from electronic inks to structural metals and even biological matter. Optomec has more than 150 marquee customers around the world, targeting production applications in the Electronics, Energy, Life Sciences and Aerospace industries.