LENS Systems – 3D Printed Metals
Using directed energy deposition (DED) LENS systems cost-effectively repair, rework and manufacture high-performance metal components.
Optomec Inc. offers a full range of Laser Engineered Net Shaping (LENS) additive manufacturing solutions for creating, enhancing and repairing metal components. LENS systems use directed energy deposition (DED), where high-powered lasers build structures layer by layer directly from powdered metals, alloys, ceramics or composites to produce fully-dense parts with excellent mechanical and fatigue properties. With decades of experience in DED, Optomec incorporates this expertise into its LENS metal additive manufacturing solutions, resulting in a high-speed, high-quality, affordable metal 3D printing process making complex metal parts easier, more precise, efficient and affordable to produce and repair.
- Reduced manufacturing and materials costs
- Reduced process time
- Reduced environmental impact
- Improved product performance
- Advanced industrial production of small to large parts
- Superior material properties. Micron-size HAZ-minimal to no distortion
- Ability to process non-reactive and reactive metals
Optomec LENS Systems – Key Advantages
- Over 20 years of DED processing.
- Laser safe, atmosphere-controlled, robust multi-axis systems with additive or hybrid capabilities.
- “Art to part”- user-friendly interface, advanced tool path generation from CAD files, familiar machinist G&M codes, advanced closed-loop software for process controlling.
- Many systems and options to choose from for your specific industrial needs.